I Don’t Like What ‘The White Lotus’ Has Been Hinting at With Chelsea at All!
Snow White Box Office Breaks Grim Disney Record In Week 2, Even As It Races Up 2025’s Worldwide Chart
Kind-hearted pals of Scots tourist fighting for his life in Rome hospital after gas explosion raise £11k in crowdfunder
FRIENDS of a critically ill Scots tourist have launched a crowdfunding campaign after a gas explosion destroyed his bed and breakfast in Rome and left the father fighting for his life.
Grant Paterson, 54, suffered severe burns following the blast in the Monteverde district of the Italian capital last Saturday morning.




Emergency crews were scrambled to the scene at around 8:30am on March 23 after the alarm was raised.
Grant, from East Kilbride in South Lanarkshire, was reportedly unconscious when pulled from the rubble by firefighters.
According to reports from local news site Roma Today, he is currently being treated by medics for third-degree burns across 75 per cent of his body in Sant’Eugenio Hospital’s burns unit.
Italian doctors were scheduled to perform surgery to replace Grant’s damaged skin with that of a donor on Wednesday.
The hospital stated that Mr Paterson is currently breathing with the assistance of mechanical ventilation, and his condition is described as critical but stable.
Kind-hearted pals have now set up a JustGiving page to support Grant’s daughter, which has exceeded its original target by over £10,000.
An initial target of £1,000 was set, but the total currently stands at £11,165 as of Sunday afternoon.
The organiser of the fundraiser wrote: “I’m fundraising money to send Grant Paterson’s daughter to help with any costs while she is in Italy with him. Please keep him in your thoughts. Love you big guy x.”
You can donate to the fundraiser by visiting the page here.
Grant is thought to have arrived in Rome for a holiday in the city last Monday, March 17.
The multistorey guesthouse he was staying in had been converted from stables dating back to the 1900s.
It is understood he was due to return home on March 23.
Roberto Gualtieri, Mayor of Rome, said initial findings suggest the explosion may have been caused by a gas leak.
A Foreign Office spokesperson said: “We are supporting the family of a British man who has been hospitalised in Italy and are in contact with the local authorities.”
