free web tracker Viral X – Page 273 – soka sardar

Viral X

Irish zoo ‘saddened’ after shock death of endangered chimpanzee from ‘probable heart attack’ just 3 weeks after arrival

AN IRISH zoo has confirmed the death of an endangered chimpanzee from a “probable heart attack” just three weeks after arrival at the Cave Hill site.

Tombe, who had previously been welcomed to Belfast Zoo with his companion, Tomba, passed away on March 28.

The chimpanzee arrived in Belfast on March 4 alongside his companion and Colchester Zoo’s family of five Bush Dogs as part of a coordinated European-wide conservation programme.

Tombe was in Colchester Zoo’s care for 28 years before moving to Belfast Zoo.

In a statement, Belfast Zoo said they are “heartbroken,” adding that Tombe will be “deeply missed” by his keepers and everyone who cared for him.

They added: “We are saddened to share that Tombe, one of our male chimpanzees, passed away on 28 March 2025.

“Initial findings suggest a probable heart attack, but we are awaiting full postmortem results.

“While his time with us was short, he was settling in well, and we are pleased to share that Tumba has integrated into the wider chimpanzee troop, where he is thriving.”

Belfast Zoo continued: “Our team continues to closely monitor the troop to ensure their well-being and support Tumba’s ongoing transition.

“Belfast Zoo has a long history of caring for chimpanzees and remains committed to the conservation and welfare of this endangered species.

“We would like to extend our thanks to the team at Colchester Zoo, who cared for Tombe for 28 years and to our veterinary and animal care teams for their dedication throughout his transition.”

The local community were left heartbroken by Tombe’s death, taking to social media to express their “sadness” over his loss.

‘DIED OF A BROKEN HEART’

One said: “Awwww this is just so sad. And to think that Tombe more than likely died of a broken heart.”

Another added: “Tombe and Tumba were my favourite chimps at Colchester. Absolutely devastating news.”

A third one said: “So sorry to hear this. We were at the Zoo on Sunday 30th so we never got to meet him. So sad.”

A fourth wrote: “So heartbroken to see this. he was such a big character. I hope Tumba is okay.”

FURTHER CONCERNS

Belfast City Councillors last year raised concerns after a Freedom of Information request by Belfast Live found that 40 animals died at Belfast Zoo between January 2023 and March 2024.

Four Gentoo penguins died between August 31, 2023, and September 13, 2023.

Three of these deaths were attributed to Septicaemia. This severe bloodstream infection can lead to sepsis and necrotic enteritis, which is caused by an intestinal overgrowth of Clostridium perfringens Type A and C in young broilers and sometimes laying hens.

Other deaths included a Capybara that was euthanised for age-related reasons after developing a mouth abscess and another Capybara that drowned.

DUBLIN ZOO FINAL UPDATE

Dublin Zoo has also confirmed that all Asian elephants in their herd are now healthy, following an outbreak of EEHV during the summer last year.

The latest update comes following an “incredibly difficult period” that saw the attraction confirm the “heartbreaking deaths” of two younger elephants due to the disease.

EEHV is a “very common” virus that causes fatal hemorrhagic disease, particularly in young Asian elephants, both in the wild and in zoos.

It often lies latent in elephants and can be triggered without warning, as the virus is carried asymptomatically by many.

Asha, 17, and Samiya, 10, both tested positive for the virus in July following the deaths of eight-year-old Avani and seven-year-old Zinda.

Dina, the 40-year-old matriarch of the herd, also tested positive, but because of her age, she was not considered at high risk for serious illness.

‘INCREDIBLE EFFORTS’

Dublin Zoo confirmed that all three elephants have now recovered and are “no longer at risk” from EEHV thanks to the “incredible efforts” of the animal care and veterinary teams.

A spokesperson for Dublin Zoo said: “Everyone involved worked tirelessly during the most critical and challenging days of this emergency, regularly consulting with international experts in elephant health and virology.

“Given the seriousness of EEHV, Dublin Zoo animal care and veterinary teams worked round the clock, spending hundreds of hours on site during the crisis.

“As just one example of the team’s commitment and unwavering care that played a massive role in the elephant’s recovery, vet Niamh McGill was just back from maternity leave and had her husband bring their baby to the Zoo so she could breastfeed him while caring for the elephants.”

Close-up of an older chimpanzee.
Belfast Zoo
Tombe has passed away on March 28[/caption]

Read More »

Troy Baker Shouldn’t Be the Only Last of Us Alum to Join Naughty Dog’s New Game

Before Intergalactic: The Heretic Prophet was officially revealed, Troy Baker was rumored to be involved in a new Naughty Dog project led by Druckmann. Now, with Druckmann confirmed as the writer and director of Intergalactic, it’s clear Baker will play a role in the sci-fi game rather than an unannounced title. His casting is expected to be a highlight, but it would be equally exciting if Last of Us co-star Ashley Johnson joined the project as well.

Read More »

Young Scooter’s tragic cause of death revealed after rapper who worked with Future & Gucci Mane died on 39th birthday

RAPPER Young Scooter, who tragically died on his 39th birthday, has had his cause of death revealed.

The artist, real name Kenneth Bailey, died after he cut his right thigh on a wooden fence, which lead to “marked” blood loss, according to Fulton County Medical Examiner.

Rapper Young Scooter performing onstage.
Getty
Rapper Young Scooter’s cause of death has been revealed[/caption]
Rapper Young Scooter performing.
Getty
The artist died from ‘marked’ blood loss after cutting his upper right leg[/caption]

The Atlanta star was previously rumoured to have been killed by a gunshot wound.

The medical examiner for Bailey said: “This injury was not a gunshot wound.

“Mr. Bailey injured himself on organic (wooden) fencing material and/or woody debris after vaulting at least one fence.”

The large artery in the leg supplies blood to the legs and thighs, and injury to it can lead to a dangerous amount of blood loss.

The rapper was allegedly fleeing cops when he suffered a gruesome leg injury.

More to follow… For the latest news on this story keep checking back at The Sun Online

Thesun.co.uk is your go-to destination for the best celebrity news, real-life stories, jaw-dropping pictures and must-see video.

Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/thesun and follow us from our main Twitter account at @TheSun.

Read More »

Watch tense moment Bradley Walsh is struck with ‘anxiety’ on 164ft high suspension bridge on ITV show

BRADLEY Walsh’s son Barney has comforted his dad in a touching moment after he was hit with an ‘anxiety attack’ 164ft in the air.

The pair were walking across a rickety and “terrifying” suspension bridge in Japan when Bradley began to panic.

Bradley Walsh on a high suspension bridge, appearing anxious.
ITV
Bradley Walsh found himself gripped with anxiety 164ft in the air[/caption]
Bradley Walsh and his son Barney on a suspension bridge.
ITV
His son Barney got the star through the suspension bridge climb[/caption]
Bradley Walsh and his son crossing a high suspension bridge.
ITV
The father and son duo are back for a new series of Bradley Walsh and Son: Breaking Dad[/caption]

The telly star, 64, admitted he had a fear of heights and told 27-year-old Barney he was “feeling quite sick”.

But in sweet scenes in the new series of ITV1’s Bradley Walsh and Son: Breaking Dad., Barney was seen encouraging his father as he followed close behind.

The new series of their show kicked off on ITV1 on Tuesday night.

The father and son, who present BBC One’s Gladiators together, have hit the road once again and travelled to Japan.

In the first episode, they visited the Arakawa Valley to cross a 164ft high suspension bridge.

But narrator Alexander Armstrong said: “Fifty metres above the river hangs the terrifying Canyon Walk, a 100 mere-long suspension bridge that the boys will have to cross.

“Brad will need to overcome a crippling fear of heights if he is going to make it to the other side.”

As The Chase’s Bradley took a deep breath and stepped onto the bridge, Barney said: “Proud of you, Dad. Go on. You got it.”

But Bradley gasped: “Oh no, I can’t. I can’t.”

Looking at the camera, Barney said: “He’s really nervous, isn’t he? Bless him.”

Barney then stepped onto the bridge behind his dad and shouted: “Can you feel me on the bridge now? What are you thinking?”

But Bradley replied: “I really, really don’t like it.”

Barney told him: “I know, I know. You’re doing great.”

His son’s words of encouragement got Bradley over to the other side of the bridge.

“Oh God, oh God, I’m shaking,” Bradley said, once they were on the platform.

Barney asked if he felt “good”, to which his dad replied: “No, not really. I feel a bit sick actually.

“Just a bit… anxiety. It was anxiety, anxiety was what it was.”

Barney then broke it to Bradley that they would have to walk back over the bridge to get to their campervan.

“Oh God, here we go,” Bradley exhaled, before stepping back on the suspension bridge.

Barney told him: “Come on. One small step for man… a giant leap for Brad-kind.”

Bradley went on to express his fears that viewers of Breaking Dad would think he is a “wimp”.

But his kind son insisted: “I think they’ll be thinking, ‘How brave is Brad? For facing his fears and taking it on the chin.”

Barney then lifted the mood by joking that “any one of the slats” they were walking on could break at any moment.

  • Bradley Walsh and Son: Breaking Dad continues at 8pm, ITV1, Tuesday April 8
Aerial view of two people crossing a high suspension bridge with wooden steps.
ITV
This series sees Bradley and Barney in Japan[/caption]
Bradley and Barney Walsh in Japan.
PA
Fans are delighted to have Breaking Dad back on their screens[/caption]

Read More »

Thousands of Scots families to get increased Child Benefits – check if you’re eligible

THOUSANDS of Scots families are set to get a Child Benefits boost.

From next week, households with one child will receive £1,354 annually – up £23.40 from last year.

Family putting coins into a piggy bank.
Alamy
Scots families are set to get a Child Benefits boost[/caption]

And payments for any additional kids will rise by £16 to £897 each year.

Parents can claim for an unlimited number of children and are encouraged to apply within three months of their child’s birth to avoid missing backdated payments.

Payments are usually made every four weeks.

Families will get £104.20 once a month for their first or only child and £69 for any other kids, from April 7.

To make a claim for Child Benefit, parents will need to create an online HMRC account and will need:

  • child’s birth or adoption certificate
  • bank details
  • National Insurance number for themselves and their partner, if they have one
  • child’s original birth or adoption certificate and passport or travel document, for children born outside the UK.

Households with an individual earning between £60,000 and £80,000 will be subject to the High Income Child Benefit Charge (HICBC).

The online Child Benefit tax calculator will provide an estimate for families of how much the family will receive and what the charge might be.

In the Chancellor’s Spring statement last week, Ms Reeves announced a simplified digital service to cut the red tape for parents liable for HICBC as part of the government‘s Plan for Change.

From summer 2025, affected families will have the chance to opt to pay the charge directly through their PAYE tax code instead of filing a Self Assessment tax return.

Child Benefit claimants receive National Insurance Credits, which helps them to qualify for the State Pension.

And for those opting out of payments due to HICBC, they will still retain these credits.

The quickest and easiest way to make a claim, view and manage Child Benefits is through the HMRC app.

Families who have previously opted out of Child Benefit payments can opt back in and restart their payments quickly and easily via the app.

Over 1.2 million parents have used the HMRC app or online services to claim Child Benefit since its launch in May 2023.

Myrtle Lloyd, HMRC’s Director General for Customer Services, said: “Extra pounds count and Child Benefit can give your household budget a boost. Claiming online or managing your Child Benefit payments via the HMRC app is quick and easy so, if you haven’t already, go to GOV.UK to start your claim today.”

Read More »