free web tracker Viral X – Page 142 – soka sardar

Viral X

Australian, 59, caged over ‘chilling’ murder of daughter’s Irish fiancé after ‘luring’ victim to house & shooting him

AN AUSTRALIAN man has been jailed for 31 years over the chilling murder of his future Irish son-in-law.

Sligo man Damien Conlon, 38, was set to marry Linda Simon only months after he was killed by her father in 2023.

CCTV footage of a man in a dark shirt and camouflage shorts holding an item.
Army veteran Luke Simon shot his future son-in-law Damien Conlon in the head at his home
9 News Australia
CCTV footage of a man outside a house.
Damien was lured to the house
9 News Australia
Photo of a couple.
He and Lisa had planned their wedding
9 News Australia

Army veteran Luke Samouel Simon “lured” Conlon to his home in Oberon, New South Wales, in February 2023 and told him to get on his knees.

The 60-year-old then said “bye bye Damien” before shooting him.

Chilling CCTV footage from the house moments before the murder took place show “intent” to kill, according to the courts.

Simon pleaded guilty to the murder, with his daughter claiming he “had it out” for Conlon as she asked the judge to put her father behind bars.

Justice Sarah McNaughton said: “I’ve viewed the disturbing and chilling video of the final shooting of the already wounded Mr Conlon.

“I note the calm and calculated manner in which the offender shot Mr Conlon, the words ‘bye, bye, Damien’, the tone of his voice, as well as the offender’s multiple admissions to the shooting.”

The court heard that Simon and his daughter had been exchanging text messages in the days leading to the murder regarding their living situation.

He was planning to build a granny flat to live in on a property Conlon and his fiancee were to move into.

Following a letter sent to her father about the state of the house, their relationship took a turn.

On February 9, 2023, Linda had a missed called from her dad at 6.35am and called back at 6.50am.

Simon told her how Conlon’s belongings had been stolen, to which the Sligo man decided to drive and investigate.

CCTV cameras had been placed on various parts of the property, which captured the incident as Conlon arrived.

Simon was seen removing a semi-automatic pistol from his gun safe and loaded it before putting it near his waistband.

CHILLING VIDEO

The footage then recorded Conlon lying on the ground at the front of the property at 7.56am as Simon called emergency services.

He said on the call: “I have just killed my son-in-law, daughter’s boyfriend … I will go outside and wait for police”.

He also noted that he planned the shooting, admitting: “I knew they were going to get me out … I intended to do it.”

The court was told that Simon had created the stolen items story as a way of luring Conlon to the house.

Simon said: “I’m pretty sure my daughter was pulling the strings. Damien bore the brunt of my anger. Tragically, he’s the one that bore the end of it.”

Only two days before the murder, Simon was again picked up on CCTV taking the gun from the safe and saying to himself: “That’s the one that’s going to put him to sleep.”

‘SENSELESS AND VIOLENT’

Conlon moved to Oz in 2011 and had become an Australian citizen during his time there.

He met Linda on a dating app in 2019 and the two went on to have two children together, as well as Linda’s first two from a previous relationship.

Speaking in her victim statement to the court, Linda said her dad could not face Conlon “like a man and have a conversation with him like a human being”.

She also said her father’s acts were “senseless and violent” and he only had “one intention in mind” the day of the murder.

The court heard that despite his time in the Army, the judge was unable to accept Simon’s PTSD diagnosis as being related to the murder.

She also said that his testimony as unreliable and he had shown a lack of remorse.

Linda went on to tell the court that her and Conlon’s children will now grow up without their father there to witness milestones.

She also added that she spoke to Conlon’s parents Dermot and Ethel in Ireland, saying they “struggle daily” to accept their son was killed.

‘JUSTICE HE DESERVES’

Linda said she will “replay these tragic event for the rest of my life” as she urged the judge to “give Damien the justice he deserves” by putting his “killer behind bars”.

Conlon and Linda were set to marry in November last year with the wedding planned and paid for ahead of his sudden death.

Speaking at they time of his death, a relative, who didn’t want to be named, said the family were left in shock following the murder.

They told the Irish Examiner: “He was a very nice guy, nobody could have anything bad to say about him.

“He was quiet, respectful, and a good bit of craic as well. We’re all in shock.”

Photo of Damien Conlon and his fiancée.
Linda’s father has been jailed for 31 years
9 News Australia
Man holding Australian citizenship certificate.
Conlon, 38, was shot dead by his fiancee’s father
Journalist Collect

Read More »

Tom Hardy’s Bizarre Reason for Saying Yes to ‘Mobland’ Is Making Me Worry He Might Not Return for Spider-Man 4

Tom Hardy has never been one to take the predictable route. One day he’s wrestling symbiotes in Venom, the next, he’s out in the desert revving engines in Mad Max: Fury Road. The man loves a good, gritty project, but also, let’s be honest, he sometimes picks roles like he’s selecting a sandwich from a […]

This post belongs to FandomWire and first appeared on FandomWire

Read More »

Did Vanessa Really Betray Wilson Fisk: Vincent D’Onofrio’s Kingpin Will Be So Badass if He Does This in Daredevil: Born Again

Daredevil: Born Again’s latest episode showed us how power and control could be so dangerous. With everyone showing different faces, it’s difficult to know who to trust anymore—even your loved ones could possibly betray you. Episode 7 gave us one of the most surprising plot points in Wilson Fisk’s arc, and this involves his wife, […]

This post belongs to FandomWire and first appeared on FandomWire

Read More »

Cleveland Cavaliers dream, nightmare seeding, matchup scenarios for 2025 NBA Playoffs

The Cleveland Cavaliers turned some heads to kick off the 2024-25 season by going on a historic 15-0 run. While they failed to maintain their undefeated streak, it’s safe to say that they’re still the hottest team in the NBA. The Cavs are most likely headed to the postseason as the No. 1 seed in […]

The post Cleveland Cavaliers dream, nightmare seeding, matchup scenarios for 2025 NBA Playoffs appeared first on ClutchPoints.

Read More »

2025 Fantasy Baseball: Top 5 waiver wire pickups for Week 2

Opening Day is in the rearview and the MLB season is underway. There has been a lot of conversation about torpedo bats, but that may have cost your fantasy baseball team in Week 1. If it did, you are probably looking at the waiver wire to get the 2025 fantasy baseball season off to a […]

The post 2025 Fantasy Baseball: Top 5 waiver wire pickups for Week 2 appeared first on ClutchPoints.

Read More »

Dwayne Johnson-led Smashing Machine finally gets a release date

The upcoming Benny Safdie-directed Mark Kerr biopic, The Smashing Machine, starring Dwayne Johnson, has gotten a release date from A24. Deadline reports The Smashing Machine will be released in theaters on October 3, 2025. It will now open against Roofman, starring Channing Tatum, and The Keeper, directed by Longlegs director Oz Perkins’ latest project. The […]

The post Dwayne Johnson-led Smashing Machine finally gets a release date appeared first on ClutchPoints.

Read More »

High street retail chain with 250 UK sites to shut big shopping centre store as closing down sale launched

A HIGH street retail chain with 250 UK sites will shut a big shopping centre store.

River Island will close down its branch in the Willow Place shopping in Corby.

River Island and New Look stores in a shopping center with sale signs.
Google maps
River Island will close down its branch in a corby centre[/caption]

The popular fashion brand will have its final trading day at the end on April, according to a report in The Northamptonshire Telegraph.

It marks the end of a near decade end stint at the shopping centre, having first opened in the retail outlet in 2007.

The Sun has approached River Island for comment.

The news will be a blow to shoppers who are also bracing themselves for the departure of New Look in a few months time.

New Look will close it’s two-storey shop in the Willow Place shopping centre on June 1.

A spokesperson for New Look previously told The Sun: “Our Corby store is set to close on 1 June. We would like to thank all of our colleagues and the local community for their support over the years.

“We hope customers continue to shop with us online at newlook.com, where our full product ranges can be found.”

The store will close in just shy of two months time, giving shoppers a short while to say their goodbyes.

Meanwhile the future of the future of the WHSmith store located within the outlet also hangs in the balance.

Last week, the beloved newsagents said it would sell all 500 of its high street store in a £76million.

The 232 year-old British business has agreed to sell the chain to Modella Capital, with the stores eventually rebranded as TGJones.

The store has over 580 travel stores across airports, hospitals, railway stations and motorway service areas which will continue to live on.

WHSmith has already reduced its portfolio of stores massively, with plans to shut 20 of its sites by May.

The news of the three store closures has come as a blow to locals, who have described the move as “sad”.

One upset shopper said: “This is also as a result of shopping online, once the high street has gone, it won’t come back.”

While another person said: “Not shocked but it’s always sad to see any business close.”

And a third added: “It’s gonna be a ghost town.”

It comes as clothing giant River Island shut its shop at Friary Centre, in Guildford, Surrey, last May.

TROUBLE ON THE HIGH STREET

As for New Look, the store has shut a number of branches in preparation for this month’s  National Insurance hike.

Approximately a quarter of the retailer’s 364 stores are at risk when their leases expire.

This equates to about 91 stores, with a significant impact on its 8,000-strong workforce.

Last month, it closed branches in St Austell and Gateshead, Tyne and Wear.

The chain has previously closed locations in Porth, Rhondda Cynon Taf and Wickford, Essex.

Affordable fashion brands have been struggling as they continue to loose out to ultra-cheap rivals such as Shein.

Select Fashion entered into liquidation last Friday, in a move which will see 35 stores closed and 48 rescued by Essence Fashion.

None of the 40 staff members at the affected Select Fashion stores will be paid their weekly wages for the time they worked before the stores closed – nor will they be given a redundancy package.

Back in February, Quiz tumbled into insolvency, closing 23 stores.

RETAIL PAIN IN 2025

The British Retail Consortium has predicted that the Treasury's hike to employer NICs will cost the retail sector £2.3billion.

Research by the British Chambers of Commerce shows that more than half of companies plan to raise prices by early April.

A survey of more than 4,800 firms found that 55% expect prices to increase in the next three months, up from 39% in a similar poll conducted in the latter half of 2024.

Three-quarters of companies cited the cost of employing people as their primary financial pressure.

The Centre for Retail Research (CRR) has also warned that around 17,350 retail sites are expected to shut down this year.

It comes on the back of a tough 2024 when 13,000 shops closed their doors for good, already a 28% increase on the previous year.

Professor Joshua Bamfield, director of the CRR said: “The results for 2024 show that although the outcomes for store closures overall were not as poor as in either 2020 or 2022, they are still disconcerting, with worse set to come in 2025.”

Professor Bamfield has also warned of a bleak outlook for 2025, predicting that as many as 202,000 jobs could be lost in the sector.

“By increasing both the costs of running stores and the costs on each consumer’s household it is highly likely that we will see retail job losses eclipse the height of the pandemic in 2020.”

Read More »