7 days agoViral XComments Off on Chilling moment knife-wielding yobs laugh & high-five after stabbing stranger in random attack before armed cops swoop
THIS is the chilling moment knife-wielding yobs laugh and high-five after stabbing a stranger in a random attack in Sheffield.
The grim footage also shows them then getting swarmed by police officers armed with tasers and arrested.
South Yorkshire PoliceRamaray Treasure and Leon Sykes were seen fist-bumping after the horror attack[/caption]
South Yorkshire PoliceMinutes later, armed cops swarmed[/caption]
South Yorkshire PoliceTreasure is seen lying on the ground[/caption]
They are dramatically handcuffed and then one is seen being led away by cops.
Thugs Ramaray Treasure and Leon Sykes were both jailed for attempted murder last Friday (March 21).
Treasure, who was 17 at the time of the offence, received a 12-year prison sentence, while Sykes, 19, was jailed for 13 years and eight months.
South Yorkshire Police released the footage today, which shows the pair just minutes after they tried to kill an innocent man.
The brutal attack took place on West Street during the early hours of March 9 last year.
They stabbed him multiple times before being interrupted by a brave member of the public.
Cops then tracked the pair on CCTV before surrounding them as they walked along laughing on Division Street in the direction of Pound’s Park.
As they were approached by officers, Treasure, now 18, tossed a knife into the air and Sykes backed away with his hands behind his back.
They both gave no comment to all questions asked during their police interviews.
A trial had been set to run in November but both men, who were charged with attempted murder, changed their pleas to guilty during a hearing at Sheffield Crown Court on November 4 2024.
They had both admitted a charge of possessing an offensive weapon in a public place at an initial hearing on April 8.
In an impact statement, the victim described how he still lives in pain following the attack, and suffers from anxiety and depressive episodes.
He said the attack has also affected his professional life, as it happened just six months after he finished a master’s degree and has put a halt on his career.
Detective Constable Gareth Rees, the officer in charge of this case, said: “Treasure and Sykes launched an horrendous and random attack on a victim who they chased through a busy city centre street and stabbed multiple times in full view of passers-by and a businessman operating a food truck.
“The attack was interrupted by an incredibly brave member of the public who rushed to the man’s aid.
“The victim suffered extremely serious injuries which were initially considered to be life-threatening, and he is still dealing with the effects of the attack to this day.
“Treasure and Sykes were tracked as they made their way through Sheffield.
“At one point, they were seen laughing between themselves. That laughter soon stopped as they were greeted by our officers at Pound’s Park.
“Thanks to the mountain of CCTV evidence we had attained, both men had no choice but to plead guilty to attempted murder.
“I am pleased with the sentence handed down today, and would like to thank the victim for his bravery throughout proceedings.
“I hope today’s sentence provides some sort of closure, and that he can now begin to move on from his horrific ordeal.”
South Yorkshire PoliceTreasure is seen being led away by cops[/caption]
South Yorkshire PoliceTreasure, who was 17 at the time of the offence, received a 12-year prison sentence[/caption]
South Yorkshire PoliceSykes, 19, was jailed for 13 years and eight months[/caption]
Deontay Wilder has announced a shock boxing comeback
THIS IS A DEVELOPING STORY..
The Sun is your go to destination for the best football, boxing and MMA news, real-life stories, jaw-dropping pictures and must-see video.Like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/TheSunFootball and follow us from our main Twitter account at @TheSunFootball.
7 days agoViral XComments Off on ‘Heartwarming’ scenes as fire crews scramble to rescue horse trapped in tank of water & locals praise ‘amazing people’
FIRE crews have been hailed as nag-nificient after rescuing a horse from a water tank.
Emergency services galloped to Ballymoney, Co Antrim, after the animal got trapped on Thursday night.
Teams from Belfast and Omagh joined their Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service colleagues in Ballymoney for the special missionNIFRS NORTHThe horse was trapped in around four feet of waterNIFRS NORTHThe horse was safely pulled to its rescue late last nightNIFRS NORTH
Images show firefighters saddling up at the scene after they scrambled to rescue the horse from the tank of water.
Teams from Belfast and Omagh joined their Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service colleagues in Ballymoney for the special mission.
A spokesperson for the fire service told how they received a report of a horse stuck in roughly 4ft of water in the Pharis Road area of the Co Antrim town at around 7.30pm on Thursday.
Crews deployed harnesses and a telehandler as they battled to pull the horse from the tank of water, with officials confirming the incident was dealt with by 10.15pm.
And the Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service admitted they were gee-gee’d up after saving the nag.
NIFRS Northern Area Command said: “Crews from Ballymoney, the Large Animal Rescue Team from Omagh and the Specialist Rescue Team from Belfast attended the rescue of a horse outside Ballymoney.
“Crews used harnesses and a telehandler to successfully rescue the horse from a tank of water.”
Locals raced to praise those behind the rescue.
Alliance Ballymoney Cllr Lee Kane declared: “Great work.”
Stormont TUV North Antrim MLA Timothy Gaston said: “Well done to the crews involved. Heartwarming.”
Another punter gushed: “A group of amazing people right there. Poor horse. It will be glad to be rescued.”
A third said: “Well done all of you. The work you do and the way you handle these situations is incredible as I have seen first hand. Hope the pony recovers well.”
Meanwhile, Councillor Alan Barr, who works for the fire service, said there had been a “successful outcome” at “the office” on Thursday night.
‘GENTLE GIANT’ HORSE RESCUE
Separately, My Lovely Horse Rescue Charity have revealed how “love, care and kindness” transformed a 15-year-old who came into their care in December.
They said: “A very sweet 15-year-old man but he really was in a bad state.
“He was starved, his condition very poor and of course when he arrived he was fully shod. He really had a rough time.
“Today Marcel looks like a different horse!!! With proper feeding along with our worming programme he has come such a long way and still has a bit to go.
“Still a gentle giant. His condition has improved, his coat has improved and even the way he holds himself has changed.
7 days agoViral XComments Off on I’m Afraid Reacher Season 4 Has Created Its Own Downfall After Giving Us the Best TV Fight Scene in Years
There is nothing as intense as the fight scene between Jack Reacher and Paulie that fans have seen on television. It was a spectacle teased from the beginning of the show’s third season, and it’s so gratifying to see it happen in the most perfect setting. Reacher Season 3 has proven itself better than the […]
This post belongs to FandomWire and first appeared on FandomWire
7 days agoViral XComments Off on “I wouldn’t tell you”: Tom Hardy Has an Answer for ‘Mad Max’ Return After Furiosa Struggled at the Box-Office With Anya Taylor-Joy in the Lead
Tom Hardy is the human embodiment of a plot twist. One moment, he’s brooding as Bane, the next, he’s zooming through a post-apocalyptic wasteland as Max Rockatansky. But when it comes to spilling the beans on whether he’s returning to the Mad Max franchise, Hardy is tighter-lipped than a vault at Fort Knox. Seriously, asking […]
This post belongs to FandomWire and first appeared on FandomWire
7 days agoViral XComments Off on Kid chefs take over school kitchen to learn recipes and make friends thanks to Tesco cash boost
FAJITASwith chicken or halloumi, beef and aubergine burgers, cheesy lasagne, smoked tomato and lentil soup with homemade garlic bread…
Is your mouth watering yet?
At the cooking club, kids learn about a healthy lifestyle in a fun, collaborative way
These are just some of the easy, cheap and delicious recipes the kids, their parents and guardians at St Patrick’s Primary School in Glasgow have been rustling up after class.
Around 20 families, with children aged from 5 to 11, are enjoying learning budget-friendly cooking techniques with the help of a professional chef, and making some new friendships.
They meet for two hours on a Tuesday afternoon in a cookery club to prepare a tasty dish that doesn’t hang around for long – although the benefits do.
“The children love it. It’s an opportunity to apply learning from numeracy, literacy and health in a fun, collaborative way,” explains St Patrick’s headteacher Mary Moore.
“Feedback from families has been extremely positive.”
“They join their families at 2.30pm and we have a brilliant community chef. She does a demonstration and teaches them safe ways to cut vegetables – things like that.
“Then the kids go off to sports class with a coach for about 45 minutes. It’s another part they really look forward to.
“So it’s all about a healthy lifestyle. They eat together and go home with a recipe card and any leftover ingredients.”
The cookery and coaching are made possible by the school’s Nourish programme to support healthy food and nutrition provision, which received Stronger Starts funding from Tesco.
“We’re in an area of quite high deprivation,” says deputy head Tanya Stevenson, who helps implement the programme.
“We also have families who are new to Glasgow for a variety of reasons – some have relocated for work or study, or to flee war or seek asylum. It’s very mixed.”
Parent Danielle Vella and her daughter Aria are loving the family cooking club.
“We’ve enjoyed every week so far – the cooking and meeting new families from the school. It has been a really nice experience with our community chef,” says Danielle.
“We are very grateful to Tesco for providing the ingredients each week and to the school for the opportunity to learn new skills and recipes.”
“We’ve also been able to buy new kitchen equipment,” adds Tanya. “Tesco has really gone above and beyond.”
Tesco Stronger Starts has awarded over £13 million to almost 12,000 community projects, with grant recipients chosen by more than 330 million customer votes using blue tokens in stores across the UK. Applications for Cooking for All grants close on May 30.
A Tesco Cooking for All grant supports children by providing food access and education on nutrition and cooking
7 days agoViral XComments Off on Our town is ‘UK’s Venice’ but it’s ruined by swarms of tourists – buses full of them have been BANNED but it’s now worse
CTX2BA Cotswolds village of Bourton on the Water and river Windrush in the Cotswolds Gloucestershire England UK GB Europe
LOCALS in “the UK’s Venice” say it’s been ruined by swarms of irritating tourists – and the situation is getting worse.
Figures show in one year alone 238,000 people visited Bourton-on-the-Water by coach or large minibus.
Bourton-on-the-Water is also known as the Venice of the CotswoldsAlamyHowever, residents say they can’t park as there are too many tourist busesSWNS:South West News ServiceNow, a new temporary solution for a ‘drop off’ point has been backed by officialsSWNS:South West News Service
Residents say they can’t park as there are too many buses but businesses say a bus ban would hit trade and and turn the picture postcard village into a “ghost-town”.
A new temporary solution for a “drop off” point has been backed by officials.
But some coach companies fear the Meadow Way location is “not safe” and is too far to walk to the village centre.
One firm – Middleton Tours – who regularly carried out visits to the village has been forced to rethink its plans due to concerns over the trial and a recent incident where a resident shouted at one of its tour guides and passengers.
Tour manager Richard Smith told the BBC: “The site that they have chosen is right at the junction so it’s not safe.
“There is no shelter and no signage. There is apparently the provision for three coaches.
“Anybody that knows Bourton-on-the-Water, particularly during the main season, knows how busy it can get.
“It’s ill-thought-through and could be prone to operational disasters.
“Until there is a solution that works for the customer and coach operators, we have made the decision not to return to Bourton-on-the-Water.”
The parish council voted to back a proposal designed to address the shortage of parking facilities following the closure of a privately-owned site in 2023.
Under the scheme coaches would pick up and drop off passengers in a designated on-street parking bay on Meadow Way.
Buses would then leave Meadow Way after 10 minutes and head to an industrial estate where parking will be available.
Locals previously blasted the proposed solution as “ill-thought out.”
LOCALS HAVE THEIR SAY
Ron Wellard, 77, retired fitter who has lived in Bourton for 50 years said: “Everyone agrees that it’s a stupid idea, putting it next to an old people’s home.
“The old Co-op would have been better. I can’t imagine people living next to the coach parking lane right next door won’t be too happy about it, like the people living next door to the old coach park.
“But that’s people for you, they buy a house next to a coach park and then moan about the coaches coming past.
“You can come here in the summer, it’s heaving with tourists, then after seven o’clock at night it’s a ghost town. But they don’t live here you see.
“It’s like living at the seaside, you never go to the sea if you live at the coast – it’s tourists.
A six-month trial that will give coaches designated parking spots is set to begin around EasterSWNS:South West News ServiceThe parish council would welcome feedback on the scheme from residents, visitors and coach operatorsAlamy
”I want the tourists to come of course, I’m very much live and let live, but they’d mind if I was constantly in Birmingham as a tourist.”
Kieron Smith, 72, a former Cotswolds stone tiler by trade who has lived opposite the care home for 12 years, said : “It’s the fumes. I’m not worried if they park there, but they don’t turn the engines off.
”All the people that live here, we don’t mind if they park there and drop off and clear off straight away, but we don’t want them stopping there with the engines running. It’s not fair on us when we’re sitting in our gardens.
“They’re going to come here, drop everyone off, clear off up to where they park, and come back to pick people up. But the councillors don’t live here do they?
”They’re not worried about it, they don’t live here, they live in the village.
“They don’t have to sit in the gardens having the fumes come over. It’s different for them. If you’re directly involved then it’s not very good.
“You’re probably going to be held up for five or ten minutes getting out because it’ll be gridlock.
“The emergency services are here quite often with the blue lights going into the old people’s home and they’re going to be held up.
“Why can’t they make the tourists walk the extra short distance so that they’re not outside the care home? If they love the village so much, it’s only a short distance to the back of the village.”
THE COUNCIL REACT
Gloucestershire County Council insists the walk is “short”, saying feedback will be “welcome” during the trial as it will be able to “make changes”.
The six-month trial is set to begin around Easter and will allow coaches to stop at Meadow Way for 10 minutes to drop off and pick up passengers.
Parking will then be available at the Pulhams Coaches site between 9am and 4pm each day.
Gloucestershire County Council said the trial will give coaches a “dedicated area” to drop off and pick up customers which is a “short walk” from the centre of the village.
“The parish council would welcome feedback on the scheme from residents, visitors and coach operators,” they added.
“The county council will be able to make changes to the scheme during the trial to ensure the best possible results.”
If their plans are successful, it could see tourist coaches banned from the area completely.
In the meantime, new measures will include changing parking bays so the tourist transporting vehicles can’t stop in the B4425 layby – near the village centre.
There are also aims to block off access to the central hub completely but this is reliant winning a legal process that is yet to begin.
Like many in the low-crime town, they had left their front door open when they went to run an errand.
Brian, 56, a retired freight agent said: “I couldn’t believe my eyes when I walked through the front door and saw them all sat there stuffing their faces.”
“I asked them what on earth they were doing and they said they presumed it was OK for them to come in.
“Then they explained how these traditions work in Japan.
“They packed up their picnic baskets and left pretty quickly after that.