free web tracker Viral X – Page 1109 – soka sardar

Viral X

How Duffy’s success as a global superstar bigger than Adele was cruelly stolen from her after kidnap and rape ordeal

WE were under her spell when a 2008 debut album sent singer Duffy stratospheric – but within two years she had vanished off the face of the earth.

It was at the same time a newly discovered teen artist called Adele launched her first tracks, which were totally eclipsed by the 23-year-old Brit.

Duffy performing at a concert.
Reuters
Duffy’s career was cruelly cut short as she mysteriously vanished from the public eye[/caption]
Adele performing at the Capitalive Summer Tour.
Getty
Adele, pictured in 2008, struggled to compete with Duffy’s success[/caption]

Of course, the tables quickly turned when Duffy mysteriously vanished from the public eye and now, 17 years on, Adele is one of the most successful pop stars of all time.

However, the sinister reason behind why Duffy’s enviable success was cruelly stolen from her makes her disappearance even more devastating.

She quit the industry without explanation and isolated herself for a decade – leaving Adele to pick up where she left off and land a host of best-selling albums, top gongs and lucrative success.

As Duffy now takes stepping stones towards a possible revival ten years on, we can reveal she is being bombarded with big money deals for a tell-all TV interview – but she has refused.

An insider told The Sun: “Duffy has been through so much hurt and trauma, it’s important she has full control of her next steps.

“She’s already pulled out of speaking about her ordeal in person before because she found it too difficult.

“Before what happened, happened, Duffy had the world at her feet and could have been as rich and famous as Adele.

“For now, Duffy just wants to focus on what she’s truly missed – making music.”

Duffy – whose real name is Aimée Anne Duffy – bravely waived her anonymity in 2020 to reveal she had been raped during a terrifying kidnapping.

She had been drugged on a night out for her birthday and forcibly taken to a foreign country – only surviving because she eventually managed to escape her attacker. 

Unlike many artists who find strength in using their personal pain to make music from the soul, Duffy became a recluse – living in fear of telling anyone about her traumatic ordeal.

Then, out of the blue five years ago, Duffy wrote a 3,600-word post on her website about her assault, in which she heartbreakingly told how “rape is like living murder, you are alive, but dead”.

Explaining why she didn’t use her voice to heal, Duffy said: “I did not want to show the world the sadness in my eyes.

“I asked myself, how can I sing from the heart if it is broken?”

Despite hopes this moment marked the beginning of Duffy’s return to the spotlight, she went underground again – until this week.

The 40-year-old was seen for the first time in ten years on Wednesday when she appeared in a new TikTok, lip-syncing to her signature track Mercy in a video shared by Emotion HQ.

The account posted: “Some of you asked if Duffy was really doing a UK Garage remix with us…”

The remix appears to be a collaboration between Duffy and a group called E.motion, teasing that it will be released soon.

Adele performing on stage, holding a microphone.
Getty
Adele is now worth £200m and currently has a two-year Weekends With Adele residency in Las Vegas[/caption]

Duffy’s secret trauma

Her much-anticipated return comes as sources close to Duffy tell The Sun she has turned down big money offers to do television interviews about her rape and kidnap.

Although Duffy may be ready to step tentatively back into the limelight, her desire to make mega-cash from her experience is non-existent.

Instead, her long-awaited comeback has been all about her passion for music, admitting in 2020: “I believe that not singing is killing me.”

Duffy signed a record contract with A&M Records and released her first single Rockferry in 2007. 

She named it after Rock Ferry, an area of Birkenhead in Cheshire where her grandmother lived and her father was born.

Award-winning singer Duffy disappeared

The following year her first album, under the same name, became a UK number one – after impressing with her biggest hits Mercy, Warwick Avenue and Rain On Your Parade.

She swiftly became an overnight sensation – taking over from the likes of Amy Winehouse and Lily Allen as Britain’s most popular solo female star.

With her 1960s pop sound and Brigitte Bardot ‘beehive’ hair do, Duffy also drew comparisons with Dusty Springfield.

Photo of British singer Duffy.
AP
Duffy’s 1960s style was a favourite with fans[/caption]
Duffy seen for the first time in ten years - after revealing rape and kidnapping ordeal, https://www.tiktok.com/@emotion.hq/video/7485816448837897494
Duffy pictured this week as she teased new music
TikTok

The world was her oyster after selling more than 1.7million copies of Rockferry and beating the likes of Take That’s Circus and Rihanna’s Good Girl Gone Bad.

Up-and-coming star Adele shifted fewer than 500,000 of her 19 albums in the UK in the same year.

At the 2009 Brit Awards, Duffy wiped the floor with her main competitor Adele – taking home Best British Breakthrough Act and Best British Female, as well as Best British album.

She also won a Grammy for Best Pop Vocal Album over Sheryl Crow, Eagles, Leona Lewis and James Taylor.

Even Adele gracefully admitted defeat, saying: “I think Duffy is the sound of 2008. She’s sold stupid amounts of records.” 

She added: “I’m not fazed by that. I want to be making records forever; this first album isn’t the one that defines me.”

Adele turned out to be right – with the 36-year-old’s 21 album, released in 2011, mostly considered to have catapulted her to career stardom.

Adele struggled to compete with Duffy

It topped the charts in more than 30 counties, selling after Duffy’s second album Endlessly bombed.

Adele has since become famous for taking extended breaks between her music projects – having had a six-year gap between her 25 and 30 albums.

She currently has a two-year Weekends With Adele residency at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, which ends in November 2024 and is already planning a significant break when it wraps.

Duffy’s soft-launch comeback has already sparked massive excitement from loyal fans around the world who have waited ten years for new music.

As Adele prepares to go into hibernation later this year, Duffy could be about to spring back into our lives and finally have the career she deserved.

Read More »

Pregnant Arabella Chi shows off baby bump in skintight white dress at star-studded MobLand premiere with Tom Hardy

ARABELLA Chi showed off her growing baby bump in a white off-the-shoulder dress as she attended the MobLand premiere in London.

The Love Island beauty, 34, looked glamorous in the figure-hugging number as she walked the red carpet alongside a number of A-listers.

Arabella Chi at the MobLand Global Premiere.
Getty
Arabella Chi showed off her baby bump at the MobLand” Global Premiere[/caption]
Pierce Brosnan at the MobLand Global Premiere.
Getty
Pierce Brosnan stars in the new drama series[/caption]
Tom Hardy at the MobLand Global Premiere.
Getty
Leading man Tom Hardy wore a navy pinstripe suit for the glamorous occasion[/caption]
Pierce Brosnan and Dame Helen Mirren at the MobLand premiere.
Getty
Pierce Brosnan posed with MobLand co-star Dame Helen Mirren[/caption]
Pierce Brosnan and Dame Helen Mirren at the MobLand premiere.
Getty
The stars shared a sweet moment on the red carpet[/caption]

Celebrities turned out to celebrate Tom Hardy, Pierce Brosnan, Dame Helen Mirren’s new series.

James Bond star Pierce, 71, was suited and booted in a tailored black jacket and trousers, with a grey patterned neckerchief.

Actor Tom, 47, looked dapper in a navy pinstripe waistcoat and suit.

Legendary actress Dame Helen, 79, oozed elegance in a black pleated satin grown with a classic updo.

In one photo, 007 star Pierce shared a touching moment with The Queen icon Helen as they leaned in close to one another.

A number of star joined them on the red carpet, including Traitors and Strictly host Claudia Winkleman, who wore her trademark hair loose and opted for a black oversized jacket, white t-shirt and heeled boots.

Professional boxer Tommy Fury made it back in time for the premiere after his reunion with Molly-Mae Hague in Dubai.

He showed off his sunkissed tan fresh from his holiday as he posed for photos wearing an olive green suit.

A number of other Love Island stars were also in attendance.

Love Island All Stars winner Gabby Allen looked incredible in a sheer panel mini dress.

She wore her blonde tresses in a high ponytail and added a pop of colour with some red lipstick.

Loved-up couple Harriett Blackmore and Ronnie Vint were arm-in-arm as they walked the red carpet.

Harriett stunned in a black asymmetric dress and Ronnie looked dapper in a black suit.

The Sun recently revealed that MobLand producers got creative with camera tricks for a gruesome looking scene.

The actor, who plays lead character Harry De Souza in the Guy Ritchie directed Paramount series, was seen watching on as a dummy body was thrown onto the car below.

Meanwhile, production staff got busy pouring on the fake blood to an actor in a second shot to bring the gory moment to life.

The series, which was filmed in London, follows two warring families based in London, with criminal empires stretching across the globe.

Tom is the fiercely loyal fixer contracted with protecting one of family members at all costs.

The series, which also stars Pierce Brosnan, Helen Mirren and Joanna Froggatt, is due to start on Paramount+ on March 30.

Claudia Winkleman at the MobLand premiere.
Getty
LONDON, ENGLAND – MARCH 27: Claudia Winkleman attends the Global Premiere of “MobLand” at Odeon Luxe Leicester Square on March 27, 2025 in London, England. (Photo by Alan Chapman/Dave Benett/WireImage)[/caption]
Tommy Fury at the MobLand premiere.
Getty
LONDON, ENGLAND – MARCH 27: Tommy Fury attends the Global Premiere of “MobLand” at Odeon Luxe Leicester Square on March 27, 2025 in London, England. (Photo by Alan Chapman/Dave Benett/WireImage)[/caption]
Gabby Allen at the MobLand Global Premiere.
Getty
LONDON, ENGLAND – MARCH 27: Gabby Allen attends the “MobLand” Global Premiere at the Odeon Luxe Leicester Square on March 27, 2025 in London, England. (Photo by John Phillips/Getty Images)[/caption]
Ronnie Vint and Harriet Blackmore at the MobLand premiere.
Getty
LONDON, ENGLAND – MARCH 27: Ronnie Vint and Harriet Blackmore attend the Global Premiere of “MobLand” at Odeon Luxe Leicester Square on March 27, 2025 in London, England. (Photo by Alan Chapman/Dave Benett/WireImage)[/caption]

Read More »

‘Gerwyn Price what on earth have you done?’ – Fans beg darts star to lose so they don’t hear new walk-on song again

GERWYN PRICE did not leave fans impressed after they heard his new darts walk-on song.

The Iceman was dubbed “weird” by Luke Littler last year after changing his introduction song from Ice Ice Baby to Katie Perry.

Gerwyn Price at the 2025 BetMGM Premier League darts.
Alamy
Darts fans were not impressed with Gerwyn Price’s new walk-on song[/caption]

However, the Welshman has now left fans scratching their heads after he revealed another change to his song tonight.

Price, 40, was being introduced to play Rob Cross at Night 8 of the Darts Premier League in Newcastle.

But fans were taken aback when his walk-on music kicked in.

The song in question turned out to be “To Meet You” by Myles Smith.

Price’s new song did not land well with fans, with many heading to social media to share their thoughts on the song choice.

One fan said: “Gerwyn Price what on earth have you done?”

A second said: “Gerwyn Price that song change is horrendous.”

A third added: “New Gerwyn Price walkout is proper bad.”

BEST ONLINE CASINOS – TOP SITES IN THE UK

Another said: “Gerwyn Price with worst walk-on song ever played. Bring back Vanilla Ice!”

A fifth said: “Why the f***’s Gerwyn Price changed his walk-on song?”

To the delight of some fans, Price suffered an early exit after hitting an average of just 86.17 at the hands of Voltage, who roared into a 4-0 lead.

It threatened to be a second whitewash of the night after Littler dismissed Stephen Bunting 6-0 inside ten minutes for the first whitewash seen in the Prem since 2023.

But Price managed to win two legs to spark cause for concern before Cross found his range again and sailed home to a 6-2 win to make a sixth semi-final of 2025.

Premier League Darts 2025: Dates and venues

Night 1 – Belfast: Humphries beat Dobey 6-1
Night 2 – Glasgow: Littler beat Humphries 6-5
Night 3 – Dublin: Price beat Aspinall 6-3
Night 4 – Exeter: Humphries beat Littler 6-4
Night 5 – Brighton: Littler beat Aspinall 6-3
Night 6 – Nottingham: Price beat Littler 6-3
Night 7 – Cardiff: Littler beat Van Gerwen 6-4
Night 8 – Utilita Arena, Newcastle – Thursday March 27
Night 9 – Uber Arena, Berlin – Thursday April 3
Night 10 – AO Arena, Manchester – Thursday April 10
Night 11 – Rotterdam Ahoy, Rotterdam – Thursday April 17
Night 12 – M&S Bank Arena, Liverpool – Thursday April 24
Night 13 – Utilita Arena, Birmingham, Thursday May 1
Night 14 – First Direct Arena, Leeds – Thursday May 8
Night 15 – P&J Live, Aberdeen – Thursday May 15
Night 16 – Utilita Arena, Sheffield – Thursday May 22
Play-Offs – The O2, London – Thursday May 29

Read More »