A SCHOOL went into lockdown after a teacher was assaulted and police have arrested two teenagers.
Parents were told to collect their children from Manor Community Academy in Hartlepool as police are called to reports of “violence”.

A school went into lockdown in Hartlepool after a teacher was assaulted[/caption]
Police have arrested two teenagers[/caption]
A number of police cars arrived on the scene at the Owton Manor Lane secondary on Thursday.
The incident was later described as “contained and under control”.
The school was placed into lockdown with alarms sounding and classrooms locked around 11.15am, said one pupil.
One staff member was said to have been injured in the incident.
Worried parents were told they must go to school collect their children.
One witness said: “There are kids crying and everything. It’s really bad.”
In a statement by nearby St Teresa’s Catholic Primary School posted on Facebook, a spokesperson said: “We have received phone calls from concerned parents regarding the police presence at Manor School this morning.
“We have spoken to police who have reassured us not to worry and that our children are safe to play outside.
“The incident at Manor School is contained and under control.”
One pupil at Manor Academy said: “We were in third lesson and all of a sudden the lockdown alarms started going off and all the classrooms got locked.
“Everyone was like ‘what’s going on?’ Then we saw one of the teachers bleeding and crying – there was blood on his face. It was awful.”
A spokesperson for Cleveland Police said: “At 11.30am on Thursday, April 3, police were called to Manor Community College in Hartlepool after reports a teacher had been assaulted.
“No weapons were reported to have been used and no other pupils injured.
“As a precaution, the school put itself on lockdown. Officers attended to the scene and two teenagers have been arrested on suspicion of assault and there is no ongoing threat to the pupils or staff within the school.”
A North East Ambulance Service spokesperson said: “We received a call at 11.58am on Thursday, April 3, to reports of an incident at an address on Owton Manor Lane in Hartlepool.
“Our services were not required.”
Some parents have voiced their concerns about how the incident was handled saying they ‘feared the worst’.
One angry mum said: “I am still to receive an email or a text or a call from the school about what has happened, which I think is disgusting. My son rang me, with terribly bad reception, so I couldn’t hear or understand what was going on.”
One parents said she eventually got a statement from the school which said: “Manor Community Academy have had an incident on site today which was dealt with swiftly and correctly.
“All students who remain on site are safe and well. The celebration for Year 11 that was scheduled for this evening, will now be cancelled.
“This will be rescheduled for next week. Information regarding the event will be communicated early next week.
“Thank you for your understanding and continued support.”
And, a statement from another Hartlepool secondary school, The English Martyrs Catholic School and Sixth Form College in Catcote Road, said: “We are aware that there has been an incident involving another school within our town.
“The school day here at English Martyrs remains unaffected and we will continue to observe our usual safeguarding procedures.”

Parents were told to collect their children from Manor Community Academy[/caption]
The incident was later described as ‘contained and under control’[/caption]