FOUR people were nabbed earlier today as police mounted dawn blitzes on home across Edinburgh as they tried to quell the all-out underworld violence gripping the capital.
The city has been stunned by a host of crazed shootings and blaze attacks, believed to have been caused by an overseas underworld figure targeting Mark Richardson, one of Edinburgh’s most notorious drug kingpins.

Cops target properties in a bid to disrupt an ongoing turf war in Edinburgh[/caption]
Residents were in for a shock when riot cops appeared yesterday morning[/caption]
An officer carries a battering ram during yesterday’s blitz in Edinburgh[/caption]
Detective Superintendant Paul Grainger said the force is probing the gang war[/caption]
Police squads met at Fettes Police Station shortly before 7am as they prepared to launch raids.
The Scottish Sun was allowed to watch as teams broke down a series of doors and executed warrants for people and goods inside.
We were given exclusive access as police planned and coordinated the targeted operation at HQ before heading out.
The busts are part of an ongoing police bid to disrupt the activities of criminal groups operating in Edinburgh.
It led to four arrests being made and items seized including including a Range Rover alleged to have been stolen.
Detective Superintendent Paul Grainger said: “We are actively investigating rival groups targeting each other and it’s imperative that we identify and bring to justice those who are responsible.
“I am concerned about these as I believe the communities in Edinburgh have the right to live peacefully without suffering this.
“We have dedicated a lot of resources into tackling this problem and will continue to do so.
“We have specialist support from all across Police Scotland and we are committed to bring the people behind these incidents to justice.
“It is a complex investigation given the nature of some of the offending and the number of offences but we are fully committed to identifying the people involved.”
It comes after weeks of chaos involving marauding mobsters who filmed themselves carrying out attacks on homes, businesses and associates connected to Richardson, 37.
We told how the carnage was ignited amid claims underlings ripped off a fugitive mob boss by using fake notes in a £500k cocaine deal.
The irate gangster, who is an ex-member of Rangers ultras group Union Bears, then ordered a series of attacks as retribution – including the firebombing of a beauty salon run by Richardson’s partner.
A chilling musical video montage of some of the attacks was shared online, with the warning: “We are only just getting started.”
The claims emerged as a photo of the wanted hood showed him posing in a white Rolls-Royce while enjoying the high life in his UAE bolthole.




The snap gives an insight into the vast sums of dirty money he is said to be raking in from his alleged criminal activities.
The 31-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, uses the image on a social media profile where he appears to show off the rewards of his illicit trade.
We also told how scarred hood Sean ‘Lugs’ McGovern is said to be one of a long list of mob rivals revelling in Richardson’s turf war troubles.
The thug, 41, got out of jail recently after serving time for drugs and firearms offences – just weeks before a gangland feud erupted into violence.
He’d been slashed by a Richardson ally while on home leave in Edinburgh in 2016.
Underworld sources say Dubai-based Scots gangster is now a target for hoods seeking bloody retaliation from Richardson’s gang – as well as pressure from cops closing in on arrests.
We revealed earlier this month Richardson is in isolation at Low Moss nick, near Glasgow, amid claims of a murder plot, according to underworld sources.
The latest raids come after we revealed a close pal of the besieged drugs kingpin was arrested in a 4am raid on Friday.
Cops said the suspect, who we are not naming, was due to appear at Edinburgh Sheriff Court accused of handling stolen goods.
After yesterday’s raids, police said a 28-year-old man was arrested in connection with alleged threatening and abusive behaviour on Thursday, March 20.
A 38-year-old man was arrested and charged for reset of a stolen motor and is due to appear in Edinburgh Sheriff Court on Thursday.
A woman, 34, was nicked in connection with an allegedly stolen vehicle but was released pending further enquiries.
A 16-year-old man was arrested over a rap of Reset of a stolen vehicle, various road traffic charges and claims of possession of an offensive weapon following an alleged incident on Friday, March 7.
He has been reported to the Procurator Fiscal.